An impromptu visit to the spectacular hill station of Mahabaleshwar had been made possible by Thrillophilia. Situated on the Western Ghats, and very close to Mumbai and Pune, its tranquil setting had always attracted me. My exhausted soul yearned for a quick and wholesome break from the bustle of city life. As I was searching through the internet for an ideal gateway, Thrillophilia reviews of a day’s trip to Mahabaleshwar satisfied my longing.
Formerly the summer capital of the British, Mahabaleshwar has numerous places of attractions. The year-round pleasant climate is its prime attraction. To beat the heat and pollution of the city, this point surely appealed to me the most. There are even ancient temples, strawberries, and shopping opportunities to fill my wanderlust soul. Moreover, it would be a great way to explore the charming hill station even within a day.
Benefits of Thrillophilia’s One-Day Mahabaleshwar Trip
Here’s how going by the several reviews of thrillophilia helped me out with my excursion to Mahabaleshwar:
- Pickup and drop facilities from my accommodation were nicely arranged by the tour operator. Thankfully, I got a clean and tidy sedan cab.
- It would be an 8-hour memorable trip touching the important landmarks of the place.
- It also provided me with a decent cab and an experienced and trustworthy driver. As assured, I, indeed, received a safe and satisfactory ride in Mahabaleshwar.
- The affable tour guide or my driver made the journey pleasant with his humor, story-telling, and doling out information regarding the tourist points. I learned about the historical sites, the mysterious spots, the caves, and the markets. He sufficiently guided me to have the most out of Mahabaleshwar in a day. I was surprised by his fluency in both English and Hindi. Thank God! I saved a few bucks this way.
- My guide halted the car at several unknown and offbeat points for their sheer beauty. I could manage to capture numerous frames of Mahabaleshwar at all the popular and hidden gems. The amazing retreat is also a photographer’s paradise, and will even make you a photographer.
- I rode a shikhara on the silken waters of Venna Lake. At the Mahabaleshwar Temple, I prayed before the holy Shiva Lingam. I gaped with wonder at the scenic vistas from the elevated viewing points such as Elephant’s Point, Babington Point, Arthur’s Seat, Lodwick and Wilson Point. Watching the dawn and dusk was captivating. Again, I visited the Mapro Garden and tried its signature strawberry drink with cream. I even bought some delicious fruits and products like jams and jellies. Panchgani was equally enticing with its lush surroundings and beautiful hillocks. I marveled at the well-known boarding schools tucked amidst the beautiful sceneries in Panchgani. Kate’s Echo Point unleashed the inner child within me.
- Apart from interesting souvenirs from Mahabaleshwar, I also purchased strawberries, til laddoos, baba chanas, chikki, and bakery items. For trinkets, wooden and cane artifacts appealed to me the most due to their unconventionality. The usual objects like clothes, woolens, miniature idols, and junk jewelry also rule the marketplaces. You can also head on to the big malls and supermarkets for branded and expensive stuff.
- Although there are upscale restaurants in Mahabaleshwar, I preferred to try its local and authentic food. The roadside kiosks were perfect for anytime hunger strike. Grills, burgers, rolls, pizzas and desi dishes, and desserts are widely prevalent among tourists. The perfectly cooked and spiced seafood was indeed mouth-watering.
- Even for a day’s trip, I could squeeze in some thrilling activities like short trekking, taking a dip in the cool waters of the waterfalls, and bungee jumping. All were properly instructed and safe to try out. They pumped up my adrenaline and made me refreshed. Horseback riding along the trails is also another popular activity. Due to a shortage of time, I couldn’t undertake trekking through the jungles but you can plan it for your Mahabaleshwar trip.
- The best time to visit Mahabaleshwar is post-monsoon or the winter. Since I visited it immediately after the rains, I could witness the refreshingly verdant landscapes. The rain-washed greens and the imposing cascades were a treat for the eyes and the heart. However, you can visit the winter for a misty feel and chill in the air.
- Thrillophilia offers a wide range of packages, catered to meet every taste. Be it for a romantic holiday, a family vacation, or a trip with friends, the packages are budget-friendly and flexible. After consulting you about your time and preferences, a customized program is fixed for you. After, comparing and going through various websites, I decided upon Thrillophilia.
As I could manage to capture the true essence of Mahabaleshwar within a day, I hope, my thrillophilia reviews will shape your decision-making. You can anytime plan with Thrillophilia for an unforgettable experience in the hill city.